Wednesday 4 May 2016

Vacations!!

Okay. So recently I went to Udaipur for a cousins wedding.....and I have only one word for it FANTABULOUS. It is such a beautiful place, with a hint of ancient India and a modernized civilization.
So originally we were in Kumbhalgarh first, and the story of the small place captivated me, and you MUST check it out. The wall surrounding the Kumbhalgarh Fort is the second largest in the world, after the Great Wall of China.

                              The walls of the fort of Kumbhalgarh extend over 38 km, claimed to be the second-longest continuous wall after the Great Wall of China.

It's actually so big that marathons are run on it every year!! The fort is a beautiful place, where you can see the sparring fields, queens quarters, horse stables and a lot more, including light and sound show telling the tale of Kumbhalgarh.

                            

I do not have enough words to describe the temple above, Ranakpur Temple. The carvings inside are beyond beautiful, and it's such a peaceful, quite, sacred and brilliantly maintained place. And now for one of the highlights of  my trip, the Parshuram Temple in Kumbhalgarh.

    

Now you may not understand why this was one of the highlights of my trip. Well, let me explain. the TREK to the temple was a highlight......actually trek is an understatement!! Over a 1000 steps and several slopes downhill (which gets down in  jiffy) AND uphill.
Now coming uphill is when I thought I would never make it back to civilization, and I had my life flashing before my eyes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. It was REALLY tough!! Eventually I did make it back though....and these are now memories I will treasure FOREVER.

So that's about it I saw over in Kumbhalgarh, after which I headed to Udaipur.

Ah! The City of Lakes! It is one of the most beautiful places I have EVER seen, and though we had to cramp up all the sight seeing in a couple of days, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

     

Fateh Sagar Lake, where I went boating, and in the middle of which Nehru Park is located, and it's so beautiful I, again, don't have enough words to describe it (the amount of times I was left speechless by the beauty of these places is SO MANY)

City Palace. Enough said. Such a grand place, with such an amazing history, I was in awe. They thought of EVERYTHING when they built that palace.....like literally EVERYTHING. The Royal family still occupies part of it, and the rest is open to the public. This, too, is a must visit.

                      

So all this put aside, the first North Indian wedding I attended was amazing!! Shout out to my cousin and my aunt for giving me such a great time and such great hospitality!! I met amazing new people and had such a great time, I didn't want it to end!! In the tradition od North Indian weddings, five of us, including me, managed to get the Grooms 'jootha' (shoes), and made some profit from it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. Congrats to the amazing couple though!! Happy married life!! Love ya!!


So all in all, an amazing, fantabulous, once in a lifetime (hope not), experience!!! If you ever have the chance to go you should!! And use this as a guide!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment