Sunday 8 May 2016

The Rain

Someone once told me
When I was in seventh grade
That when two people have fallen in love
That is when it rains

 
At first it puzzled me
I couldn't make sense of it
But then it hit me out of the blue
How beautiful rain actually is
 
The Peacock is said to do
Nothing but a rain dance
With it's tail spread out wide
And in the rains it's beauty is enhanced


Why then, I just couldn't understand
This phenomenon symbolizes sorrow
It is such a beautiful thing, rain
I really just can't follow


Rain brings smiles for farmers alike
And little kids who like to get wet
And gives a romantic feel all around
The feeling of sorrow I just don't get !!


A natural cleansing of everything around
Tiny water droplets from heaven
Which can turn to snow or even hail
But enjoyment is there even then !!

 
But it's beautiful to think
That every time it showers
Two people fall in love
And it blooms all through, like a flower


And if so much love is spreading around
I hope there are much more rains
And I hope it comes from heaven above
To wash away all the pain
 
 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment