Thursday 31 December 2015

The end of 2015

So 2015 is finally coming to an end, and this is my last blog of the year. So I decided, why not rewind it a bit and take a look at how my year went? Here we go!

January. 
On the first day, of the first month of 2015, I turned 15. Yes, my birthday is on January 1st. What a great way to start the year right? In January, though it was the beginning of the year, it was nearing the end of our academic year, which means one thing. Final exams. It was coming closer and closer, but not that close enough to get you worrying! 

February. 
February, just like the rest of the year, went by in a flash. My mom celebrates her birthday in this month, spa part form that it was just studying, studying, and more studying. I tried to savor every last moment of my last couple of weeks in 9th standard, and I tell you I did! That being said, exams are coming closer and closer.....

March
......And they're here. Realization suddenly hits students, and the fun and frolic is all over, including for me. March goes the slowest. Well, of course, time seems to go so slowly when you want to just get done with something. So March goes in last minute studying, hyperventilating and, not to forget, writing my exams. And let's not forget that the Cricket World Cup was won by, none other than, Australia! Proud moment for me, but I couldn't get caught up in it. Well luckily enough my exams do end at one point, but it's not the end of this hellish period of the year!

April
The hellish period I mentioned earlier ends with the collection of the report card. And every student dreads that. Well for me it wasn't to bad. A few hiccups here and there, but I could be forgiven. Putting aside that, my 10th standard term began from the very next day, and excitement and that little bit of fear began to flood in. It's nerve wracking, your first day of school in a new academic year. Waiting to see your new classmates, your subject teachers, it's all an experience I was all to familiar with, and a feeling I'll never forget. There's also the fact that it was my last year in NHVPS, and I wanted to make it a memorable one. I landed up in what turned out to be a fantastic class, with a pretty good set of teachers. The ten days of April go by as fast as I hoped it would, and vacations finally begin. But first I start the treacherous holiday homework, which I am determined to finish within the first week. Well, who am I kidding? 

May
Vacations, vacations and vacations. Sitting at home, whiling away time, a bit of homework here and there and a lot of eating is what fills the month of May. The last week of May is when my school begins again, and I actually can't wait. I hate sitting idle at home, with nothing to do but homework. It's boring. School gives me something different to do, and I get to meet my friends! School starts and I get into my normal routine, and life goes on the way it should. 

June 
School, school and school. 

July
More school, even more school and, yep you guessed it, even more school. 

August
What can I say? The life of a student is very boring, apart from what happens at school there isn't really much....'flavor' in our lives. So let's see, Independence Day celebrations are probably the only thing worth mentioning here, but that to is kinda boring so I'll spare you the details. 

September
10th is going great so far. Made new friends, new memories and studying well. But half yearly exams are nearing, and it's that time again. Studying pays of cause I do well in my exams, and by the end of September I'm through with it. An exciting rumor begins to spread that my own school will be conducting a basketball tournament, and I being a part of the school team am thrilled! Exciting times ahead!

October
I have to make it through a week and a bit, to make it to Dussehra Vacation. And I do. We have been having Sports Day practice for some time now, and all the girls of 9-12 are doing cheerleading. Yes, you read it right. So just before we disperse for our break, our sports day is conducted. Though the cheerleading came out quite superbly, rain played spoilsport and cut short our sports day, and we tenth graders didn't get much of a chance. 
Vacation time!Though we have homework again. Not surprising. For the first time ever my Mom, sister and I decide to keep dolls for the occasion on a large scale, so that's fun! Dolls come in from the collections of my grandmothers, from both sides, and our own. After setting it up it looks just fabulous. Over 3 days we have cousins, relatives, friends and colleagues streaming in to see our doll set up, and it is a very satisfying feeling. Also not to mention that my sis and I touched up almost all of the dolls, and it made me proud to see that it impressed people. So yeah! October was a bit more entertaining than the others! 
So school begins and we have our Basketball tournament on the 30th and 31st. 'Bask in Glory' it was called, and it was one of the best school memories I have until now. 
It was personally good for me, because I played my best match at school. We faced Kumarans State team, and I scored ten points to help my team win! It was a fantastic feeling, one I'll never forget. My schoolmates and teachers made me feel like a queen, like someone important, and I did feel so. Unfortunately the next day we were knocked out in the semis. Tough luck.

November 
As all the events of the year are slowly coming to an end, reality starts to set in. I'll be writing my boards in no time, and the race begins to finish up our portions, though let me tell you at this point we are against time. 

December 
And finally December. One of my favorite months. It brings joy and excitement to all, and when it nears the holiday season, you can just feel it in the air. December was fun! Went to Kerala for a vacation and it was great. I just got back at 8 in the night, and here I am, on the 31st of December, typing out my last blog
But right now, excitement is strangling me to death, as my birthday comes nearer and nearer. 
Well, a happy New Year a bit in advance to you all, and I hope the new year brings in happiness, prosperity and success!
As for me, the countdown to my birthday begins!


1 comment: