Wednesday 16 December 2015

My Last Field Trip

A week or so before the day, we received the cirrcular that every school kid waits for. The cirrcular about the school trip. We were to visit Bellur and Hallebeidu, and it is a place you must visit. Right from from the point we received the cirrculars, the excitement began to build up. By the time the last sleep came I was jumping out of my skin in excitement, and I couldn't sleep through the night.
Finally the day came. It was December 12th, and I had got up at 4'o clock in the morning so that I wasn't late.
But it was not to be. I woke up with an eye infection, eyes bloodshot. But nothing was going to stop me from going on that trip. I continued to get ready, after which I began my first task of the morning, which was to wake up all those sleepy heads of my class. I began calling them one by one, and I will never forget all their sleepy voices! 
I took the necessary medication for my infection and left my house at 5:30. The eye infection didn't make me any less excited, and I couldn't wait to get to school and meet everyone else.
Our school had two 50 seater buses for the trip, and my class was seated with 'C' section. We boarded the buses and you could feel the excitement in the air. 
I figured my trip couldn't get worse, but it did. Just a tiny bit, it did. On the course of the bus ride I got a temperature, and I couldn't enjoy our bus ride after that. 
The actual temples were just a beautiful sight. Being an artist myself I could only imagine the time and dedication it took to carve those beautiful structures, not to mention the patience and the talent. It will truly open ones eyes about the culture of India. It was magnificent. 
But now after hearing all that I went through, it may give you the impression that this might have been the worst trip I've been on, but it frankly wasn't. 
While I couldn't enjoy our busride personally, a constant smile was brought upon my face after seeing my crazy batch mates dancing and having the time of their lives. It was super fun to watch, and I can guarantee that. Their singing (though it may not have been the best) was very nice to hear, and though they don't know it, it made my trip a 1000 times better. 
This was my last trip from school, and though I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked to, it was a trip that overwhelmed me. 
To see how much my teachers and my friends cared for me was very overwhelming. It was a trip like I've never had before. Normally I would remeber a trip for the fun times we had, and that being said I owe it all to my teachers and my friends, because of it hadn't been for them, I wouldn't have enjoyed the trip at all. It's a very good feeling when someone shows concern for you, in general. Just the thought of how much love and care I was given that day brings a tear to my eye. A tear of joy. And this trip will be a brilliant memory for a long long time, and I never want to forget it.

1 comment: