Saturday 26 December 2015

The Story of Christmas

I know I'm a day late in my Christmas post, but never mind! Hope all of you out there had an amazing Christmas, and I hope the New Year brings much happiness and success!
I remember how exciting this time of the year used be for me, and for small kids all around the world. But even though I'm turning 16, nothing has changed since I was a kid. I still believe in Santa, and I still look for his sleigh riding up in the sky, not to mention Rudolph's shining red nose that guides it. And sometimes, I think, maybe if I had taken some time to leave the jolly man some cookies he might have come home. Or dropped through my chimney. Whichever. And so I wrote a poem on the hype before and during Christmas.

The Story of Christmas

The Merry month of December
Brings much cheer and joy
For it's the month of Christmas
Eagerly awaited by girls and boys

Every child is at their best
The 'Naughty' list they do fear
And no nuisance is caused by them
During this time of the year

Christmas trees are put up
And decorations taken out
And gift shopping is hurriedly done
And people are running frantically about

Christmas Eve is finally here
One more sleep till the day
But even that is too much to wait
It just seems so far away!

Excitement fills the air
As the children get into bed
But sleep is difficult to find
As thoughts of Santa fill their heads

And hen Santa does visit town
The children act as if they're asleep
And to get a glimpse of the jolly man
They desperately try to peep

And then the best part comes
Its time to open presents
An overwhelming joy fills their heart
As they see their treats magnificent

A very Merry Christmas
To one and all out there
Spread the joy and love
For it is the season to share

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment