Monday 7 December 2015

To My Mother

So today I kind of had a disagreement with my Mother. I said something, which after much thought, I regret, for this woman has dedicated her life to me.
I realized that after a fight, your Mother might be more distressed than you. She never intended for the argument, and neither did I, and after it happened we were both left feeling sorry, but her more than me.
The children of today have arguments with their parents all the time, and over this time we sort of learn to be numb towards it all. But not our parents.
After our argument, and my mom came back downstairs, I could feel that she felt bad about what happened. She brushed my face, ever so softly and ever so lovingly, and asked me if I was upset. And I said no. But I was. Yeah its confusing, even for me. I felt terrible about what happened, and I'm really close to my mom, which is why I felt worse.
Now, another known fact is that the children of today also make their parents feel even worse, by not responding, or making a face and sometimes even storming into our rooms, slamming the door and refusing to eat. But ask yourself a question: Does your parent deserve this? I think not. No parent deserves this treatment. 
Moments after my mom left the house to run an errand, I found myself in tears in my room, thinking again and again about what I said, playing it like a tape recorder in my head, and feeling worse every time. And I know she feels the same way, or probably worse. And every time I fight with my mom, I dwell deep into the thoughts about a mothers love.
A mothers love is unconditional, and in every literal sense. No matter what you do, no matter what you say, your mother will always love you the same, or she may love you even more. There is no third option.
My mom is the best mom in the world. So supportive, so caring and not to mention, she loves me dearly. A love that comes from the bottom of her ever warm heart. A love so hard to find that you can spend your life finding it, but you will be unsuccessful. Its called a Mothers love for a reason. And no matter what hurtful things you say, you can never mean it. NEVER. And the best part is she knows that you don't mean it, because she knows you better than anyone, and she knows that you love her with all your heart.
And now when my mom comes back from her errand, though both of us will not speak of it, we both know that we are sorry. That's another thing about a mothers love. It heals itself.
I love you Mom, and I always will, and I am ever grateful to you an your love

                                                                            
                                                                           💌

1 comment:

  1. aww...i was almost into tears while reading this..<3

    ReplyDelete