Thursday 4 February 2016

The End of the Quarter


                         


Last week brought the end of an era. The last of my days for the NHVPS Basketball team. Six years ago, when I was in 5th standard, I was asked whether I wanted to play for my school, and who denies opportunities like that? But at that time, I didn't really know what the game was, it didn't really mean much to me. But now I can't say the same. 
Basketball means everything to me. I really don't know what I would have done without this sport that I have come to love so much through the years. 
Back then, I didn't know how it felt to wear your school jersey, proudly, with your school name in the front, and your own at the back. I never knew it could be such a proud feeling. But now I do. Now I 
know. 


        

And how empty I feel, that I won't wear that jersey again, representing my school, playing with my teammates that I have come to love and care for so much over the years on court with them. 
I will miss it all. The fast breaks, the missed attempts but the chances at redemption, the buzzer beaters, those matches that went down to the last second, the close losses, the closer victories, both happy and sad tears, standing at the free throw line with your palms sweating like crazy cause you know you can't miss the shot, I will miss it all. My teammates, my coach and that style of the game itself..........
But that being said, I look forward to start playing for another team. A new beginning. A chance to do it all over again, with new friends and new people. And I can't wait for that new adventure to begin. 


                                                                    🏀🏀🏀


        






No comments:

Post a Comment